Wednesday, March 3, 2010

You
Pull me under,
Your boat...

And I am your ocean,
On which you float;

You sail me mighty
And feel liberated...
Knowing I'm beneath your feet.

And I love you enough...
To lay myself out
Just so I can feel you step on me.

And you have no want to swim
In me...
Only conquer me.

But I'd rather be conquered,
Than free.

Because I'd rather feel you-
Than save me.

And sometimes I wish you'd
Run your fingers through me
Just so I could feel your touch...

But you'd much rather sail
Upon me;
Crash against me rough...

And my heart as deep and
Hollow
As the ocean goes...

And the siren
Sings songs to the shore
Of my woes;

And how I surrender to you;
And you never stop to know

Me...

And I love you enough...
To keep you traveling
On into the sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment