Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I thought of something,
He said awhile back today-
That was really funny.

And it made my heart smile,
And for a moment I forgot
That he didn't want me anymore.

And it wasn't so funny.

Mom says,
You have to treat things like that like a death-
Mourn them, like a death...

I'm not sure that
That's too far off.

The person he is,
Is nothing like the person he was,
The person he was would have fought for us
And had something to say.

The person he was would have stayed loyal.
The person he was would have not lied.

But that,
Is the person that he is.

And the old him,
Will never be back,
And never be mine.

We are a closed
Chapter;
Something-

To be put away;
And pushed to the back of my memory.

The way I was pushed to the back of his...

I just wish that my heart,
Could be as finished-

As his.

No comments:

Post a Comment