Monday, March 22, 2010

I'd wrap
Around

You like blankets,
And hold you
In the soft

Spaces between
My neck
And my stomach

While my heartbeat
Whispered sonnets
Into your
Ears

And my small
Hands ran across
Your stomach-

Something
Real

And everything
The smallness of me,
Has to offer you...

To give you
Some
Security.

And I'd drink
The words you
Said

As soon as they
Rolled off your lips

Whether they were good
Or bad

Or throwing daggers
At me.

Because if I had you-
It wouldn't matter...

What you said
As long as you were sending it

My way.

And you would be worth
Whatever price
There was to pay;

Because in
The song of you,

I am a better me,
And my eyes glow brighter,
Like some light

In the night

When the world is asleep.

And I'd be still
In waiting
There-

Patiently,

As I do now...

Just to memorize
How

Your heart speaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment