Monday, March 1, 2010

I Did This.

They'll say.

They'll point fingers in my direction,
Like I brought this hurt upon myself.

Like it was my choice.
They overlook that
He'd shut down,
And turned away from me,

And I was in the most
Agonizing pain,
Anyone could ever be in.

And what would she do?
If she'd been in my shoes?
Would she love him enough
To have the courage to let him
Go,
Just to see if he'd come back?

I don't think so.
She'd probably hang on forever.

Because it takes a strong person
To cut their own heart out,
And give it away,
Just to save it.

And then,
When it doesn't come back,
When it doesn't return-
What would she have done?

If she "loves" him so much.

She thinks I couldn't love like her?

I loved him so much more than her.
Her love could never amount to my love for him.
I died for him.

I ripped away everything I was
All that made
Me me
My entire character-
For him.

Would she?

Would she write until her hands fell off?
Would she get on her knees and beg him
Like I did?

In front of everyone?
Would she sacrifice her reputation

Just to love him five minutes longer?

Because I did.

And she thinks,
A moment can compare to a lifetime?

She doesn't know him like I know him.

And he hides in her...
To be away from me,
Like I'm some kind of monster...
But all I want...

Is to speak.

How unfair is that?
I hope when it ends between them-
And it will,
Whether they separate or not,

That she is given the same respect I was given;

Someone that crowds over her,
And creates a huge wall,
Because they are too selfish,

To risk losing him...

That they won't let him or me,
Sort anything out.

That's unfair.

If he had told me "I have to talk to her today..."
I'd understand
And with every woe of my heart,
I'd go to sleep
As he slipped out

To kill the pain,

And wait...
That way.


Hoping he'd return.

That...
That is love.

THAT is brave.

And I hate her.

And that's the truth.
She thinks she can control it all...
But she has no idea how strong our bond is.

And she thinks she knows it all...

But she's just now learning his face.

No one loves him,
Or could love him
Like I do.

And that,
Scares her.

And...
It should.

No comments:

Post a Comment