Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Wasn't Worth Saving


My feet,
On your dashboard,
Wasn't worth saving
To you.

And when,
I talked that night,
About the magic of the stars
And how they dance around
Us;

With their own songs-
Like each,
A key on the piano.

A melody...

That wasn't worth saving either.

And my kiss
Was
Expendable
To your lips.

They'd rather lie
Than love me
Or stay silent;

And fight me-

That way.

And it wasn't enough to you-
To talk about it;
Or ask me

To stay.

But they were willing enough;
To whisper into the ears of someone else.

And break everything;
We ever made.
Making it clear

That they don't just not want me now-
But they won't ever want me again.

And they're mean enough

To steal my heart away;

When they feel nothing,

And then not have the courage

To say-
They never loved in the first place.

And looking through old pictures is the saddest thing,
Because
I don't only see what was,

But what we could have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment