Saturday, March 20, 2010

In all honesty...

You were not a chance,
That I was willing to take.

If you had asked me,
In early
March-

Whether or not,
I was going to let you be
A part of this,

I would have said no.
Absolutely not.

No,
Because you-
Weren't part of the "plan".

No,
Because things like this-
Don't happen
To
Me.

No,
Because you-
Seemed too good to be true.

No,
Because
I wasn't ready.

And I went against
My intuition,
And I dove into something
I didn't think I wanted,

And now,

I've learned the difference
Between what your heart
Is really telling you

And fear.

And-
Oh,
I was so terrified of you,

Or just...
Your words
Across a page.



But my heart-
It needed this.

And it's the best thing,
That's happened
In months.

It is some
Light-
That
Has made my walls
Crumble.

It's the most worthwhile thing
I've ever done.

So

Even
If

Nothing ever happens,
Even if,

Everything goes wrong from here on out

You were worth it.

And my guard is finally down.

And I'm not afraid of you.

And that feels-

So good.


It feels good,
To not worry
About whether you are "supposed"
To be there

Because honestly...

I'm just so happy that you are-


That I don't have time to
Worry about anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment