Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Enter Loneliness.


There is something
About this time of year
That always makes it come.

After playing outside all day
In the fresh air and sun...

And coming in,
To a perfectly
Silent-clean house,
Candles lit-
Windows open,
And the colors of the sky
Whipping through the screen-
Dancing with the curtains
Of our lazy home.

When eyes get sleepy and body is worn.
And it's too late in the evening to sleep;

And your heart knows if you wake up,
You'll get that hollow feeling;
Like you've missed something,
In those few hours

Of peace.

And your heart yearns for someone
To sit with and
Watch the sun go down.

And I remember when he would...
Come get me,
And take me,
And hold me,
At Andrews Park-

As the sun dipped below the trees...

I miss nights like that.

And it makes me lonesome;
On nights like these...


Clear spring nights,
Where the stars I can reach...

And they know the truth that I'm trying to
Hide-

The melancholy sighs inside...

And they can see right through me.

Even if I don't want them to
See-
That my heart,
Without you,


Is broken,
And lonely.

No comments:

Post a Comment