Saturday, March 20, 2010

I hope that someday

I'll be a mother. I know that's weird, and a little offbeat, and no I don't mean now or any time soon. But I guess-all that time I was with Zac, I never saw having babies with him.
Isn't there something wrong with that?
Granted, I know we were in high school-but it doesn't matter...love is love. And if you can't even FATHOM having children with someone and squirm at the thought of commitment, what does that say?
I'm so glad it didn't work out. Now, I know-the type of person he is, and I know that's not the type of person I want. I want someone that's going to be around and put our babies first. I want someone who is going to help me, not only make decisions, but to be there to PLAY with them. I want someone who doesn't sit on the cell phone all evening, or who is constantly at work when he's not at work.
I want someone that's going to want to go on family vacations, that will want our babies to be raised in a Christian home, that will take our kids outside and PLAY with them-that will teach them things that I can't-that will inspire me, every day to be the best mother I can be because THEY are the best father.
I want someone who puts Christ first, and his family.
And I want someone who puts playing as a priority.

When I have babies,
I never want them to grow up.

And I want to fill their hearts with ambition, and make them feel invincible for as long as they can.
I want to teach them to explore, and feel the world, and breathe this life-and be their best friend.

I hope that someday I can be a mother.
That would be the greatest thing in the entire world!

No comments:

Post a Comment