Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Some Truths

Usually I am uncomfortable in relationships.
I don't like them, and I am terribly bad at them.
I over-think them,
And run them into the ground,
With my worry and fear.

I push people away
So they don't leave me first.
I run,
Halfheartedly,

While the other half
Is begging the cement
To flood between my toes,
So that I can stay
And never leave

Someone

The way I've been left.

I care too much-
And all that caring leads
To apathy.

Usually.

I'm scared to be in love-
I don't like to say it,
And I shy away
From physical affection.

I flinch when it comes to
Sentimental things,

Not because they don't matter,
But because my heart
Could wade in them for eternity
And never leave-

Melancholy over things lost-
Memories made,
And moments passed.

But for once,

I am not afraid.

And that is something new for me.

I'm venturing out
And opening my heart up

And dreaming of lips
That I have not seen.

And finally-

Wanting to.

I am braver now,

And not so terrified to look love
In the face.

Call it

The right person,
Or an act of fate.

Either way,
I'm not pulling.

I'm staying.

And man,
It feels pretty good-

To stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment